When you look around, nearly everyone is on their cell phones and most likely, social media. Social media is incredibly important to businesses. It’s an easy, cost effective way to promote their products and services, interact with their customers, and humanize their brand. According to Forbes, 80% of marketers are on Facebook, which begs the question…Why aren’t you?
- Increase brand visibility – The many platforms of social media allows for your brand’s messages to be directed at a target audience.
- Improved brand loyalty – According to a report by Convince & Convert, 53% of Americans who follow brands on social media are more loyal to those brands.
- Improved customer service – If customers have a direct line of communication with a company (especially a public one) issues can be resolved quicker, leaving customers satisfied and more likely to refer you.
- More opportunities to convert and higher conversion rates – Remember that your company is humanized when on social media. It’s easier to connect with consumers and see what they are posting about you. Social media users love when posts and photos are shared, plus it shows your brand in a real-world environment!
If you are already on or have recently decided to move forward with social media, it’s extremely important to be aware of any social media threats. Below is a brief list of potential threats to be on the lookout for.
- Brand imposters/Account hijacking – People can create fake accounts and pretend to giveaway products or interact with customers. This can create negative experiences and spread false facts and stories about your brand, damaging your image.
- Spear Phishing – This involves a fake company impersonating your company and sending out emailed links that actually are malware or viruses. These can be links advertising free products, a fake sweepstakes and leaked credentials. This can be avoided by not clicking any link you are uncertain of. Be mindful of which emails are spam and if in doubt, don’t click!
Ready to take the plunge into the world of social media? Give us a call! Media Monkey offers many different marketing services including social media and consulting that will allow your company to shine!